Presentations from the 14th Annual Rural and Public Hospital Districts CEO Retreat 2015
AWPHD Annual Membership Meeting
October 7, 2015
AWPHD Membership Meeting, combined presentation
Public Hospital District Legal Issues, Brad Berg. Foster Pepper PLLC
WSHA & AWPHD Web Cast: Fundamentals of Patient Safety for Boards
July 20, 2015
This webcast was presented in two parts, each 20 minutes in length:
Part 1: "Fundamentals of Patient Safety"
Do you fully understand your fiduciary duties as board members in regards to patient safety and quality? What are the fundamentals of governance in quality and safety for all of your services and your community? What are the best ways to share patient stories in the board setting? These and more practical tools were shared.
Part 2: "Fundamentals of Patient Safety"
How can boards best lead on quality and safety into the future? How do you know you’re getting the data you need? Can you interpret the reports and charts you are receiving? How does transparency of your quality data serve your patients and your community? What are the changes underway for data measurement and reimbursements? Core questions you should ask and tools to understand the complicated language were shared.
AWPHD & WSHA 13th Annual CEOs Retreat
- Partnering with Physicians to Improve Population Health
Perry Hanson, MHA, Director of Health Care Organizational Consulting, Eide Bailly LLP
- Being in the Know…An Update on the STARK Rules
Lori Nomura, Attorney, Foster Pepper PLLC
- Keynote Session – "Crossing the Shaky Bridge"
Eric Shell, CPA, MBA, Director, Stroudwater Associates
- "The Business We Are In vs. The Business We Are"
Bob Malte, CEO, EvergreenHealth
- Advocacy Update, Part One: WSHA’s Federal Agenda, A Report from Rural Advocacy Days, + Next Steps
Cassie Sauer, Senior Vice President, Advocacy & Government Affairs, WSHA
Jacqueline Barton True, Director of Rural Health Programs, WSHA
- Legal Hot Topics For Public Hospital Districts
Brad Berg, Attorney, Foster Pepper PLLC
- Incyte Diagnostics
AWPHD Mid-Year Membership Meeting
Wednesday, June 23th, 2014
- AWPHD Mid-Year Membership Meeting, Chelan - June 23, 2014 Combined Presentation, Ben Lindekugel, AWPHD – Jeff Mero, WSHA, Beth Zborowski. WSHA, Joe Levan, MRSC and Debbie Pennick, State Auditor’s Office (pdf)
- Public Hospital Districts Legal Issues, Brad Berg, Foster Pepper, PLLC (pptx)
New Tools for Community Conversations in Public Hospital Districts
Monday, March 3, 2014
High Performing Boards: Board Culture How to Get Things Done
Tuesday, July 2nd, 2013
AWPHD Mid-Year Membership Meeting
Wednesday, June 24th, 2013
- Updating the Value Proposition, Jeff Mero, AWPHD (pptx)
- Legislative Update, Ben Lindekugel, AWPHD (pptx)
- Legal Update, Brad Berg, Foster Pepper PLLC, Foster Pepper (pptx)
- Governor's Interagency Council on Health Disparities (pptx)
- Improving Community Health: It Takes a Village…, Emma Medicine White Crow, Health Reform Consultant and Maury Forman, Senior Manager, Washington State Department of Commerce (pptx)
AWPHD Annual Membership Meeting
Wednesday, October 10th, 2012
Local Elections: A Guide for Public Hospital Districts Webcast
Thursday, July 19th, 2011 | Noon-1:00 p.m.
Presentations From Administrator Retreat, May 2012
- Legal Hot Topics for Public Hospital Districts, Brad Berg, Foster Pepper PLLC
- Union Negotiations and More, Julie Kebler, Garvey Schubert Barer
- Electronic Records: Defensible Disposition, Scott Sackett, Washington State Archives
- Strategic Initiatives: Supporting Rural Members, Katie Holmes, WSHA
- Aligning Expectations with Reality: How Can WSHA and AWPHD Support Community Engagement?, Ben Lindekugel, AWPHD
- Evaluation Results
Ethics and Conflicts of Interest
Thursday, November 3, 2011 | Noon-1:00 p.m.
- What Hospital District Commissioners Need to Know
The Open Public Meeting Act: What District Commissioners need to know
Thursday, September 29, 2011 | Noon-1:00 p.m.
Presentations from WSHA's 35th Annual Rural Hospital Summer Workshop, given at the 2011 AWPHD Mid-Year Membership Meeting
Presentations From Administrator Retreat, May 2011
Collaborations and Partnerships--Opportunities, Limits and Barriers
October 12, 2010
Making the Most of Conflict Webcast
February 11, 2010
12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
Board Responsibility for Medical Staff Privileges and Credentialing
CPE Cost Report Audits and WACS
Presentation by Mary Bensen, September 26, 2008, on CPE cost report audits and WACs.
Critical Access Hospital & The HITECH Act Webcast
December 10, 2009
Delivering Effective Testimony
Helpful guidelines for testifying to the Legislature. This document was prepared by Cassie Sauer with
the Washington State Hospital Association.
How to Chair a Great Meeting: 10 Things the Chair Must Do to Be
Introduction to PHDs
Powerpoint presentation defining public hospital districts and how they are formed.
Introduction to Public Hospital District Governance
This Powerpoint presentation contains the slides from the
February 14 web conference sponsored by AWPHD entitled "Introduction
to Public Hospital District Governance". We have included
a Powerpoint version as well as an online version. The online
version will be much quicker to view.
Large Public Works Projects and the GC/CM Procedure
Making Your Board and Management Team Meetings OPMA Compliant Webcast
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Noon to 1 p.m.
Patient Safety and Quality: A Draft Speech for Your Staff, Board, and Community
WSHA and AWPHD drafted this powerpoint, complete with speaking notes, for you to use when talking to your staff, board, and community about patient safety and quality. It includes basic information about Washington hospitals, descriptions of key quality and safety efforts (100K Lives, Rural Healthcare Quality Network, Hospital Compare, involving patients, and others), and makes clear Washington hospitals' commitment to safety and quality.
Feel free to modify this presentation in any way, deleting things your hospital is not working on and adding things you are. To see the speaking notes, choose "Notes Pages" from the "View" menu.
Presentations From Administrator Retreat, May 2010
Presentations From Administrator Retreat, May 2009 Presentations from speakers at the 2009 Administrator Only Retreat
RCW 49.19 Healthcare Workplace Violence Powerpoint Training Template
Produced by Washington Casualty Company
This is a PowerPoint training template prepared for Washington
hospitals to use in complying with RCW 49.19 Healthcare Workplace
Violence. We have also included a Word document for hospitals
to use as a guide in developing and preparing their workplace
violence plans to meet the RCW requirements. These documents
were prepared by Bill Preisler for Washington Casualty Company.
Reviewing and Revising Your District's Public Records Policy
The Ins and Outs of Dealing with Medicaid Audits
To Test or Not to Test: Considerations in Establishing a Hospital Drug Testing Program
With public attention recently focused on medical liability and patient safety, you may think that your hospital has to establish a
drug-testing program for its personnel - including providers with privileges. But this may not be the only way to address
drug use by healthcare providers and workers. And even if it is, you need to know how to implement testing so that it’s
conducted legally, efficiently, and cost-effectively.